My chooks are happy!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My chooks are happy!

I've been watching them scratching around in the grass this afternoon- they've clearly missed it so much!
    This morning I let them out ( they've stopped rushing out cos they got snowy feet for the first few days) and as I threw out some corn for them, they took one look at the grass and legged it across the field!
    I could almost see their smiling faces!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Aaah Nicos, lovely sight isn't it. I've still got one pen completely under snow (now four weeks) but hope it will have mostly melted by tomorrow as it has been raining this evening. The other more sheltered pens have now cleared and lots of scratching about was happening this afternoon.

Comment

All snow gone here and girls back on the lawn. Well, I call it a lawn but there's no grass left! I think my lot have been upset by the awful weather though as today has been the first eggless day since I got chooks 20 months ago.

Comment

My girls came out this morning making those happy little bokking noises when they realised there was no ice and snow there! They were still chuntering when I left half an hour later!

Comment

Thankgoodness we live in the countryside!!!

Au Vin has spent most of this morning crowing and running sideways flicking his wings..what a flirt!!!

I think he's decided that now the snow has gone, that it's finally Spring!!!
          hmm..and yes- it's pouring down here and all 8 of them are out in the rain! ( yup- Alice is broody again!)
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Ummm lucky chucks, mine came out today after Gale force winds and rain storms, to be faced with no snow and a muddy run....then to top it they got soaked this afternoon as more rain unleashed over the area

Now did I say I preferred it without snow????

Comment

My girls seemed to come out with a spring in their step too ! Hopefully get some pics up on my site to show the new run which will now incorporate all my empty raised beds !
              The link to my old website with vegetable garden and poultry photographs

http://www.m6jdb.co.uk

Comment

Mine were glad to see grass again after so long. But not impressed at the day-long downpour! I had an eggless day today from the originals, got a few from the newbies though, luckily.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Just logged on here to post the same thread, my girls have been happily running around for a while in the garden this afternoon!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X