This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Bright blue skies. Mr Snoop is smiling, as it looks like he should have a very productive week with his young helper (YH). The weather for the week ahead is definitely on his side. First job for this afternoon, though, he says, is get me a load of hay from a friend's barns.

I've got a great ton of stuff to get through this week as well. But feeling very positive about it all. It'll all get done eventually.

The birds were singing like mad again this morning. Probably enjoying the sunshine. We've never had as many birds as this in our valley. And it sounds like we have a blackbird very close to the house. Lovely. The smiles were looping the loop before they set off. Clearly they like sunshine and birdsong as well.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all.
      Grey and drizzly today and no wind to blow it all away. My bro brought me a dustbin bag of straw yesterday that had been used as packing around something he bought. I'm undecided whether to put it into the compost bin, or just spread it over the veg patch around the broad beans and cabbage. Won't be doing either till the rain stops though
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Sounds a delightful start to the day Snoop!
        We have heavy frost. Bang on time as usual as my mirabelle is almost in full blossom

We saw a couple of deer in the field behind our house yesterday. Hunting season is over for now so they seem to be being a bit more brave. Always a delight to see.

Off in the camper today , mostly to do a grory hop and then park up for a few hours for a walk and a read after wandering around a garden centre. My last chance locally of finding a max/ min non digital thermometer by my birthday.

One thing I’ve noticed here is that French hospitals insist that before surgery you have to shower in an antiseptic liquid the evening before, and then the morning of, the actual surgery. It’s free on prescription and it includes washing your hair with it. And they send you a reminder to do it a couple of days before! Sounds really sensible.

Have a great day everyone. Not spotted the smiles yet, maybe they are following the blue skies?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining here. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

A damp and drizzly day here, not that I've been out yet milkman doesn't deliver today.

Nicos hospitals here also hand out Octenisan to shower with, its handy to use at home for a hand sanitizer. Enjoy your outing and good luck in your search for the digital thermometer.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning.

Jay, you have my sympathy. I was awake at 5am but fortunately, with the help of something really boring on radio 4 extra on my phone I managed to drop back off. I think the actual narrator is just as important as the content. I remember years ago borrowing a talking book of Jamaica Inn from the library. It lasted us weeks. It was rare either of us managed more than 10 minutes a night.

It's murky, damp and 6°C here at the moment. Not a promising start to the day.

Comment

• I had Octenisan even though I didn't have surgery I was very immune suppressed and on dialysis.
                I have ordered more since and still sometimes use it for showering.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Good afternoon, dull but dry, a wee bit warmer than yesterday , have been quite busy this morning, I collected four bags of mushroom compost, then went looking for some wood chip, unfortunately couldn't get any at present but will try again some other day, also headed into a forest to find someone who works for the John Muir Trust and is involved with rewilding an derelict area locally, I would like him to give a talk at the garden club, I had tried contacting him several times over the previous summer, finally managed to find his work team but again unfortunately he was away at a meeting, but now have his phone number which helps, so will contact him soon, now going out to install wooden beams in the garage. Have a good day and pass on some smiles
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    It was a beautiful here with the temp reaching 20 degs.
                    We did a long walk, went to the market and then to the beach this evening.
                    Got loads of fresh fruit and veg in the market.
                    Just sitting looking at the new moon.
                    Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening!
                      Off to bed in a sec but just wanted to pop in.
                      We didn’t really park up today - just a quick grory hop then into the garden centre. Alas, no max/ min thermometers I’ll buy a couple when we’re next over in the uk.
                      We did however buy some mint plants and a couple of Russian sage plants

Then we nipped into an antique/ bric-a-brac shop to see if they had anything I couldn’t possibly do without
                      Well, I looked for the pair of antique candle wick scissors I’d spotted before Xmas and really regretted not treating myself to for Xmas.
                      Couldn't believe they were still there, waiting specifically for me!.Oh yes
                      So I bought them. 10€. 1800s steel .
                      They work perfectly.Nice clean cut. It really made my day! We have several candles lit every evening so they’ll get well used. I do prefer something which is old and has been part of someone’s family history rather than a new, modern one.

I checked them up online and found a couple, almost identical , for sale at around 40€ each, so if we ever stop using them I should easily get my money back on them.
                      Saves getting wax all over my kitchen or sewing scissors

Comment

• Morning
                        Anyone for a brew yet?
                        Northern England.

Comment

• If it’s not too late CG, I’d love one…just milk please.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Feeling quite chirpy this morning- even though it’s raining outside

There’s a woodpecker drumming away in the distance. Lovely birds.

Anyone for a top up of tea?

Comment

• Morning

Rain here for the day so no gardening here.

I'll have another go at crocheting, some reading and domestics.

Enjoy your day.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning.

Mr GF inadvertently woke me up at about 3am by having a coughing fit. He fell asleep again more or less immediately leaving me wide awake.

I grabbed my phone and earphones and went on BBC4Extra to fond something to listen to. It ended up being a "One foot in the grave" episode for radio where Mr Meldrew cannot sleep. How appropriate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b007jn08

I've never really been a fan of the show on TV but it really made me laugh and afterwards I did fall asleep.

6°C and pouring rain here this morning.
                                Last edited by greenishfing; 12-03-2024, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X